We're really alive! And here's proof. We are having fun in Myrbodarna with my relatives (altho I do miss Kat and can't wait till David and she get here Wednesday).
We have done lots of hiking (battling with mosquitos) and seen some beautiful scenery. We have gone on two hikes so far. One was to Vallenbodarna, deep into the forest (where we sorta got lost, for a little bit) and saw some old houses that people used to live in who cared for a bunch of cows..over a hundred years ago. It was funny because I should have known when my cousin said we were going on a hike..that it wouldn't have been what we think of hikes as in NY, with trails, packed dirt trails. This was a hike that started with a sort of trail, but that quickly disappeared into brush..tall grass, ditches you couldn't see until almost too late, mud...but very fun. The other hike was to Galstrom, which was a little hike thru the woods and into a clearing with a magnificent ocean view. My cousins made a fire that was cozy and we walked on these huge rocks to the water. Absolute peace.
We are eating so many good things that I love and have told Micah about over the past few months. He's really enjoying "godis" (candy). I have eaten so much bread with butter and cheese that I am surprised my clothes still fit. But we still have a ways to go! I bought leverpastej (liverwurst) today, mmmmm. It's much better here than in US, lighter. Food food food!
Well, that is it for now. Hopefully we will be able to post again soon. But you never know here in Myrbodarna:)
2 comments:
oh YUMMMY .... have some liverwurst for me! I love the stuff... even the stuff we have here. Guess I'll have to go to SWEEEDEN one day....
I totally want to go there!
Post a Comment