Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Our hike to Vastansjovallen!

(This post is by Kristine)

My cousin, Lasse, took Micah and me on a wonderful hike today! It was through the woods and up a steep mountain. It only took about 15 minutes to climb up, but it was not easy. Micah thought he was going to die, while I thought it was an awesome workout. But when we reached the top, it was gorgeous and Micah quickly forgot the feeling of his heart and lungs about to burst. There was a tower on top that we climbed for a breathtaking view of hills, trees, a lake, fields, and even the ocean far away.

We had a little "fika" and then continued back down. Along the way, Lasse stopped and picked some mushrooms that are delicious when cooked in some butter. He's a real "nature guy". I wouldn't dare to pick mushrooms...I'd probably pick the poisonous ones and die. Well that is the excitement in Myrbodarna for today!

We have meeting tonight. Lasse and my other cousin, Jon, both have parts tonight. Micah and I will enjoy listening and watching, even though we can't understand. :)

4 comments:

Judywoo-dee said...

NICE Kiki! you take your sweet husband off to a distant land and try to have him conk out on a torture trail!!! I just don't know WHAT you are thinking!!! :p

Anonymous said...

Farfar means grand father and farmour means grandmother. I gave heard you girls calling Millie and Ziggy that. Do I get some points?

David said...

You still need to comment on the right post Denise :)

Anonymous said...

Ya ,,, Andrea told me that I put in the wrong place. I am getting better.