Today we started the morning by going into the center of town to renew my passport.
Things open late here and close early, so we had to wait till 9am to go to the police station. The receptionist told me that I had to go to another place first to get a paper to prove that I am still a Swedish citizen. David and I walked there only to find out that they don't open till 10am. So, we got a little reading done, got my paper, and went back to the police station. Now that's all set. I'll pick up the passport in Helsingborg. At least all the walking will help a little against all my eating....hopefully :)
They live in Långsele. On the way there, Bosse took us on a loooooonnnggg back road that I thought would never end. We passed this sign.
(Question 2: What does the sign say and what does it mean?) He was in search of cloudberries. They only found 3.
When we arrived to farfar and farmor, delicious coffee and homemade treats were awaiting us. We met up with David's oldtime friend, Jerry and his wife, Susanne. After a couple hours of talking and catching up, we ate again. This time little yellow potatoes and pickled herring (hot dogs for David) and melon ice-cream and strawberries. Yum.
One of David's uncles stopped by with his family. They were babysitting their grandchildren, authentic Swedish children, as you can see from the picture.
We headed home pretty late, but were somehow hungry, so David and his dad picked up some pizza...toppings included seafood, salami, oxfile (beef tenderloin), and bananas. Don't worry...they weren't all on the same pie. :)
15 comments:
Farmor is grandmother and Farfar is grandfather.
The sign reads public road ends here.
This basically means that from here out is a private road in the sense that the maintaince of the road does not fall to the govt.
The beauty of internet translation!:)
It seems I have to set my alarm clock to like 4 to win this thing.
1) david's farfar (grandfather) farmor (grandmother) both on his fathers side of the family
2) this general way ends (end of the road)
Should mark get any points for this? Technically he didn't submit an answer... (hehehe)
Father's Father. and the sign....
YOU have reached the end of the earth and there is NO GOING BACK!
Hahaha that's a good one
I think it is good for you Stephen to practice getting up early in the morning :) And we have some correct answers, but I'm still lacking the 3 scoring answer here... :)
Don't understand what are you still looking for? Does the sign also tell us that some serious off roading is about to go down
Well I guess that's all I'm getting... Phil got the road sign nailed down, and Stephen, you got the farfar and farmor down, but unfortunately you were a bit late... 6 for phil and 4 for stephen... and noone wanted the last 2 points i guess :)
Wait what last two points?
How about your grandparents names are karin and lennart for the last two points. If it's worth two points you have to split them between me and mark (:
At least Stephen is honest; trying to play fair (sort of) and wants credit given to whoever is due; he's hungry for that chocolate
I had the grandmother grandfather thing before Phil. What's up with that? I posted before anyone was up.
farfar = grandpapa
The sign says the public road ends here which I'm guessing is similar to our signs that say "private road" or another polite way of saying no trespassing?!?
Post a Comment