Saturday, August 7, 2010

Catching up #2

Thursday:


We started the day with breakfast, together with a small part of the crew. No pancakes here in Sweden, instead it's mostly sandwiches with some delicious toppings. We had quite a leisurely morning, enjoying the beautiful weather. It was ideal, not too warm, and a slight breeze. The best the Swedish summer has to offer.



We had to visit Kristine's and Kathryn's Mormor today. I guess it's only fair since we visited all 4 of my grandparents, while she has only one available here in Sweden.

The thing that is irritating though, is that none of these people know how to speak Swedish, and Kathryns Mormor doesn't know how to speak English, so I have to translate both ways... makes my head hurt.

Still, it was fun, and Kathryn got to work on her Swedish a bit, since I let her fend for herself a lot.

Back in Skatan, we had a family BBQ, which meant it was huuuge. There were close to 30 people around the firepit, but fortunately they had a huge thing to grill on, so we threw the equivalent of a small farm-yard on there.

After the BBQ we went to Lasse's house where we played some games and Micah found something that will give him peace in his married life.


Today's question will give a whooping 5 points for the first correct answer, and nothing for the latecomers :)

How do you get to Skatan from Härnösand? I want turn-by-turns here people :D

5 comments:

pd844 said...

Distance: 49.4379.5 km Time: 1 hr 14 mins

Starting in SKATAN on SKATAN go toward VIKARBODARNA - go 0.30.4 mikm

Continue on VIKARBODARNA - go 0.40.6 mikm

Continue on MYRBODARNA - go 0.30.4 mikm

Turn Left on MYRBODARNA - go 0.40.7 mikm

Continue on OVANSJÖ - go 2.03.2 mikm

Continue on OVANSJÖ - go 1.62.6 mikm

Continue on OVANSJÖ - go 1.11.8 mikm

Turn Right on E4 - go 11.117.9 mikm

Turn Right on PARKGATAN(E4) - go 0.20.3 mikm

Continue to follow E4 - go 31.550.7 mikm

Take ramp toward CENTRUM - go 0.10.2 mikm

Turn Right on JÄRNVÄGSGATAN - go 0.10.2 mikm

At traffic circle, take first exit onto NYBROGATAN - go 0.30.5 mikm

Arrive at the center of HÄRNÖSAND

Anonymous said...

Not cool man!

DotDotDotSteve said...

I call shenanigans

I say BAZINGA!!!!!! out of frustration

fyramil said...

I would take Malnarick's directions and go backwards, because you want to get to Skatan, not Härnösand and notice the use of the correct Swedish vowels.:)

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo! Malnerick messed up? can I get his points? I play for the masses! Solidarity baby!