Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Late update again #1 (public talk)

Sunday:

Ok, so, we lost our internet for a while again, so now I have to catch up...
I didn't do much beside practice my talk, since nervousness finally caught up with me. The ladies went out for some service in the morning, and then we headed to the KH for my big performance :)
All things considered it was not too terrible. Of course everyone told me it went great since I grew up there, but I noticed some things that needed improvements... well maybe in 2 years...
Mom made some really delicious stir-fry in the evening, and then we had some more ice-cream and watermelon. I love that stuff! :) Now my vacation can finally start for real, I will not worry about a thing.... or so I thought.

Question: When was Härnösand founded?

9 comments:

Judywoo-dee said...

You always do a good job on your talks. You probably just overtired and nervous in front of the HOME crowd. Sorry no PERFECTION in this system....

Anonymous said...

The present municipality was formed in 1969.

Anonymous said...

PS - I'll bet your talk was great!

David said...

No points for trying to butter me up...
and you might want to go a bit further back to when the place was first settled...

Anonymous said...

How about May of 1085. Does that work? That is practically back to Adam and Eve.

Nana said...

Founded in 1585

pd844 said...

The island of Härnön was already inhabited at the time of the Vikings. A trading post was established which much later was to become the foundation for the town of Härnösand.
During the Middle Ages (approx 1060 - 1520) the shores of Härnön became a well-visited trading centre, frequented by the “birkarlarna" - the travelling tradesmen of norrland.

David said...

Well, Andrea nailed it, Phil gets second place for his nice research, and Denise will get a point for trying hard :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is one sweedish fish for me.