Tuesday:
Nora is a really old-fashioned town, most roads are cobble-stone, and they have stores selling random knick-knacks on every corner, which of course the girls loved. We had planned to go out in service, but the problem is coordinating a big crew of random people. We ended up getting out really late, and not staying out too long, but we had a good time, mostly doing return-visits and also some street witnessing. I tried leaving a tract with a Finnish lady, but she told me her eyes were too bad to read, and I couldn't stay around to read it to her, so she got off easy.
After a quick lunch, Sam brought us out to a mountain in the middle
Since Micah has been complaining I only put pictures of him on here where he looks silly, I'll put a nice one on...
On the way down the mountain we took
Nora has a veteran railway for tourists to travel. They have all kinds
Kathryn was trying to pose hanging off of one of the locomotives, but she had some kind of balance issues, so
Back at the apartment, we ordered pizza, and everyone ate to their hearts content. They had some interesting options. Hannah got one with kebab meat, garlic sauce, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and FRIES. It looked like the most unhealthy pizza I had ever seen, and I wasn't too impressed with the flavor, but she liked it. There was also a nacho one, where they had a bunch of nacho chips standing up on top of the pizza. I was intrigued, but too chicken to try it :)
Today's question: When did the railway used as a museum in Nora open, and what was special about it?
7 comments:
The normal gauge railway opened to the public in 1856.
That is when the train first ran but it opened as a muesum in 1978.
It was Swedens first normal gauge railway and what makes it special is that it is still in operation although a muesum as well.
It is the first normal gauge train in the country. Not sure if that is what you are looking for in terms of "special". It runs diesel and steam also.
If I understood the question he asked when the railway that is now a museum open. I didn't think he was asking when it became a museum. I think we should both get candy form that one. Lol
Actually Denise got it right. She has a keen understanding :)
YEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
The first normal gauge railway in Sweden was opened to the public in 1856 between Nora and Ervalla. It is today a museum railway, worked by a preservation society.
Post a Comment