Friday, July 25, 2008

New Morning



Woke up a little after 9 this morning, which is 3 am Amsterdam time. It takes a while getting used to the time change, but we will get better.
Thought I should put some pictures online to show the exciting times.
First comes a pic of my family at the airport, all happy to see me.



My sisters both got new hair-do's so it took some work recognizing them. :)


The Airport in Stockholm is very different from Newark, a lot more quiet for one thing, and not nearly as crowded.


We got a 4 hr car ride home with a couple of short rest stops. One for Junk food at MAX (the local answer to Mickey D's. Kathryn wanted me to take a picture of the recycling bin where you separate your garbage. maybe something for MCD to pick up on? Ofcourse the Swede's are all complying :)

We also did a quick stop for icecream next to the second largest lake in Sweden, Vättern, where we saw sailboats roaming that would make Dave J. look longingly.

I think I kept eating my icecream for too long, as you can see in the picture, but it's been so long since last I had a lakrits puck (Vanilla ice cream with a soft licorice cover... yummy), so I kinda got carried away :)

5 comments:

fyramil said...

Typical David. You couldn't stuff more in! But where's Kathryn?

fyramil said...

Oh, the airport was quite, what?

fyramil said...

Oh, you meant quiet. I get it!:)

crazyhairboy said...

Maybe you shoulda shaved your head so that they wouldn't have recognized you either.. I woulda been happy to help you with that!

And now I see where you get your wierd ice-cream cravings.. LICORICE? YUKKKK!

Have fun.. N-joy!

The Schiemers' said...

I like how this blog seems to gravitate toward food!! I expect to see a an abundance of Swedish treats making it back to the States. Jam a couple Langos in your pockets for the folks at home:)